My Blog List

Monday, April 19, 2010

I am so proud of me !!!


I love playing with beads, I like doing pieces that you make with a needle and thread.
The hardest part to me is adding more thread, when you cut the ends you tied in, you can never get close enough it does not show. I thought I would get a thread burner.
I looked and looked and the cheapest thread burner I coudl find was 20 bucks and up.
I made this one of a kind bracelet for a friend of mine. Do you see that tiny thread on the bottom near the left hand side? That was bugging me to no end. Then inspiration struck !
I went and got a regular pencil with an eraser--stuck a sewing needle into the erase. Then I turned on my electric stove eye and heated the needle and burned the thread !!!
Now that tiny little snippet of a thread that looked like it was hanging down a mile to me is gone and I am very happy with the results.
For all the other jewelry makers out there, the reason I attached a small piece of elastic to fasten over the button is because I do not know her exact wrist size. I know she is tiny and make it pretty close I am sure, but if it need a little stretch that little bit of elastic will do the trick.
So here is the little tool that saved me 20 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment